The weight of excess breast tissue can make it difficult to lead an active life. The emotional discomfort and self-consciousness associated with having large, pendulous breasts is as detrimental to many women as the physical problems.
The physical pain and discomfort you may experience may include:
How it's done:
- back, neck and shoulder pain caused by the weight of your breasts
- deep indentations from bra straps
- skin irritation beneath the breast crease
- breasts that hang low and have stretched skin
- nipples resting below the breast crease when your breasts are unsupported
- stretched skin causing enlarged areolas
Breast reduction is a highly individualized procedure that removes excess breast fat, glandular tissue and skin to achieve a breast size in proportion with your body and relieve discomfort.
A breast reduction can alleviate problems caused by overly large breasts, restore a shapelier breast contour and bring the body into a healthier proportion. Swelling should subside in 2-4 weeks. Breast shape may take 1-3 months to fully refine. Incision lines will continue to flatten and fade for up to 1 year.
Breast Reduction - mouse over to see images